Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Shot Through A Pillow
    I need to recreate the effect of a girl getting shot, point blank on a bed through a pillow (to muffle the sound).

I will cut away from the girl after the trigger is pulled and show the guy shooting her with the sound effect, but does anyone have any suggestions on recreating the aftermath? What would it look like? Feathers everwhere? Blood seeping through pillow, how much?

Any input will do - shooting on Sunday the 27th, So one week or so to plan.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    yes, but I was planning on showing the shooters face at the time the gunshot goes off because I am hitting walls trying to figure out how to create the effect that the bullet is penetrating the pillow.

Thoughts?

4. Collapse Details
    I would think a small puff of feathers would be most effective. If it's point blank, all blood flying in his direction would be caught by the pillow.
    Ryerson student of Radio & Television
    http://vimeo.com/user309515
    http://08109139643.tumblr.com/

5. Collapse Details
    I agree, I may still use blood for effect. How much do you think would get on the pillow and/or bed? I enjoy gore, if you can't tell.

6. Collapse Details
    Just my two cents but the example from "The Hitwoman" is probably more accurate than feathers flying. The use of the pillow is for two reasons, one to minimize sound, the other to avoid blood spatter, or so I am told by pros.

7. Collapse Details
    There will come a time in the next few days when I have to decide on realism or dramatic "effect". I'm kind of in the middle right now. No feathers, but blood seeping through the pillow. Still doesn't explain how I'm physically going to pull it off.

Jury rig something, right?

EDIT: I can imagine feathers would fly at a farther range. In The Hitwoman, the barrell of the silencer was litterally buried into the pillow, thus eliminating feathers. I could be wrong, just an assumption.
    Last edited by LightningFilms; 01-17-2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Addition

8. Collapse Details
    I really like the Hitwoman scene too -- if you want to add some more gore, how about a shot where you pull away from the top to show a puddle of blood forming around the head

9. Collapse Details
    I think that's what I'll do - pull out to a shot of the shooter over the body with a pool of blood around the head. I'll also find a way to create a burnt looking bullet hole in the pillow.

10. Collapse Details
    Since you can't really shoot a blank at that time, why don't you just do a test on a different pillow case with a plug in the end of the gun and apply shoe polish or something like that to leave the black mark. You won't be able to tell that there is a hole there anyway. Look at what was left in the hitwoman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast