1. Collapse Details
    Panavision Internship
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Hi all, I'm looking for a summer internship or something that will get me working and I was suggested to intern at Panavision, but I'm not sure how exactly I'd go about that, or if its the place for me. I was just curious if anyone has had any experience interning at any of the Panavision sites (mine specifically would be in Woodland Hills CA) or any helpful tips. I put this in the cinematography section being i would hope that some of you guys had started out where I am and I thought it would be most useful here!

2. Collapse Details
    I'm interning at Woodland Hills at the moment. Most internships seem to be in shipping and handling, which is a great place to get your hands on equipment. I work in technical marketing, but I'm not sure whether they will be taking interns in the summer.

You should talk to Ryan O'Hara (who might be responding to this as we speak), as he worked in shipping and handling at Woodland Hills.

It is definitely worth pursuing. The access to the equipment and, more importantly, getting to know the people who work with the equipment is priceless.

3. Collapse Details
    Cinematography/Lighting Mod Ryan Patrick O'Hara's Avatar
    "Shipping and Receiving"!! Hahaha. Although I did do alot of handling while there.

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

4. Collapse Details
    Oh man. I've seen one too many advertisements tonight...

5. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    haha well "shipping" and working with the gear is kinda what my dad told me to expect, but I was perfectly fine with that and actually thought it would be pretty cool. Is there a number or anything i can call to see if they still do the internship program (I'm sixteen not sure if you have to be 18) Or is it just the general number from the site you think? Thanks again for your help

6. Collapse Details
    Cinematography/Lighting Mod Ryan Patrick O'Hara's Avatar
    You should definitely check, but I am almost certain you have to be 18 or older.

Sorry man!

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

7. Collapse Details
    Oh! Yeah, might be a few years before you can get in with that.

Focus on shooting right now and (as I'm sure you have) get familiar with how a camera works beyond composition.

It seems like you're already ahead of the game in terms of knowing where you want to go. Now it's just a waiting game until you can pursue more opportunities like that...

8. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Alright I guess in the mean time I'll just try to look for a camera shop that needs some extra help and keep on shootin, thanks for all your guys help!

9. Collapse Details
    Iím interested in doing a Panavision L.A internship .Can you give me any adverse or can you put me on to somebody whish could help me in this matter
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Regards Alexander Binder