Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
    Best thing is to stop searching for mud in youtube footage :-)

And I still do not see any RAW files from D7000 posted.
    +1

It's hard to judge compression mud on youtube. Looking at Jarvis' behind the scenes video, the rocks in the background at sunset have terrible definition, but that would be the case on any youtube video. Nikon can breath easy for a couple more weeks.

That is enough jello to be annoying, but not so much that it is not manageable. It is an improvement from the D90, but we'll see if it is much better than the D3100.

Thanks for posting the test.

2. Collapse Details
    +1

It's hard to judge compression mud on youtube. Looking at Jarvis' behind the scenes video, the rocks in the background at sunset have terrible definition, but that would be the case on any youtube video. Nikon can breath easy for a couple more weeks.

That is enough jello to be annoying, but not so much that it is not manageable. It is an improvement from the D90, but we'll see if it is much better than the D3100.

Thanks for posting the test.
    Point taken guys. That said, ...it's not going to be WORSE than what's on there now. As it is (even on youtube) at the speed it was moving....it's OK for my eye. That doesn't mean much....for ME though...it means that there is one LESS thing to worry about. Mud may be better than what we see there....it won't be worse though.

That said....I saw a REALLY cool custom setting on the D90 (custom picture mode settings) that gave the D90 a VERY NICE FLAT IMAGE. Does anyone else know what I'm referring to? I'll see if I can find it again. The guys was from Denmark? Sweden? Some where up there. Good looking stuff I tell ya! I hope that we can get a similar look from the D7000. I LOVE what I see so far, but it is HARD BAKED IN STUFF TOO....and that would make it like every other DSLR, but...we'll see if we can tweak it just a bit.

I'll see if I can find it and post it.

3. Collapse Details
    Here you go guys! His name is "Martin Lang". He is from Sweden. This is his "custom curve" setting. (A video demo of it.) VERY NICE LOOK HUH? I hope we can get the D7000 to look the same!

http://vimeo.com/6768386

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
    Best thing is to stop searching for mud in youtube footage :-)
    A 70Mbps hack should take care of that.
    gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

5. Collapse Details
    I looked at existing rolling shutter tests for the 60D, D3100 and D7000, and compared the amount of skew to the amount of lateral movement over a single frame. The D7000 and the 60D are about the same, while the D3100 has literally double the jello effect. So yes, I believe the D7000 is much better than the D3100.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm also swedish and i also posted such a curve here before, do a search i'm not sure when it was. it really helps in grading but can also be used as a look. basically it lifts the blacks and darkens the midtones, leaving the highlights alone. the same curve should work fine on any nikon that supports custom settings.

7. Collapse Details
    its looking much better than i expected , i still think its more jello than that of the cannons , but it seem the d7000 is certaintly usable and can be worked with , if you keep steady and dont move or shake like crazy
    but the d3100 the rolling shutter test looks very bad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD30TPOGDeU , cant even be compared to the t2i which to be honest really hasnt got allot of rolling shutter issues at all
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMENDJdzlf0

8. Collapse Details
    Might be a little better than the Canons. It's about 20 milliseconds top to bottom at 24p.

D3100 looks to be about 40 milliseconds.

When I get my D7000 I'll make a precise measurement.

9. Collapse Details
    D7000 vs. D90
    Also check out this rolling shutter comparison D7000 vs D90. Video at the bottom looks quiet promising...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12